What the Heck is going on here!

PENEJANE

This has gone on long enough and personaly I don't care if I get banned from here because enough is enough and it has to be voiced so you can all make your own opinions on this.

Ok I would like to know why someone is missleading someone else over some killies! Telling them that if they got them they would die in a week and because one has XX amount of years experience while the other has none doesn't make any difference. ***** I didn't have any experience in my fish but I learnt and think I have done damn well for myself.

Or suggesting that they let this person get the killies and they will send this other person some different species. That is not fair. This person is after the ones that they saw so shouldn't be cheated out of that.

Now the auction has dissapeared from Trademe when it was due to finish tonight at 7.30. You know who you are and I won't mention names but I think this is very slack of you and very uncalled for. How are you supposed to get more members for the NZKA when you are scaring them off with such rubbish. I have already taken this up with another person of the NZKA and they to are very dissapointed with the whole thing.

You are cheating people out of an auction and out of getting fish that they like just because you think you are better than them.

As I stated before. I don't care if I get banned from this forum or if this post gets deleted. But I am sure that there will be a small number of people who will read this before that happens. I joined the NZKA because I was told it was a nice friendly club and because I was interested in keeping killies. I have had nothing but a hard time and only a very small handfull of people have offered me some eggs. Yet I know (thanks to someone) that the people I origionaly went to HAD these killies all this time.

Someone has been cheated of this auction and has been left hurt and very upset over someones own selfish greed!

:evil: :evil:

BTW Yes I know who you are!

Well I for one am confused. This post makes little sense to me. I assume you are referring to something on Trademe that also happens to involve a person who is also an NZKA member?

I hope you are not tarring a whole group with the same brush if you are having problems with one or two individuals. We are not responsible for trademe auctions or individuals for that matter!

No it is over the way one person delt with the other person over this auction. One person was wanting information for caring for these fish and breeding them. The other person told them that due to lack of experience they would be dead in a week which I feel is utter bullshit because its the same with anyone who gets new fish. You find out via this forum how to care for them and from the people here what their experiences were like with these fish.

I have also been told that any of the Aphyosemion species are rather hardy and easy to care for.

Thes fish may not be common in NZ but they are not rare. I have been told that the rare fish is the A. Striatum wich I am soon to get (finaly).

I feel that the person who was after these killies have been cheated.

I know the 3 involved and the person thats been left out didn't want to voice it but I think it needed to be voiced because one person is giving someone totaly misleading information to put them off keeping this fish.

Hi PJ,

As Caryl said you're blaming an entire group for the actions of an individual, which is prejudicial and stereotyping. While I agree that the actions described are wrong you need to deal with that person directly instead of trying to get a reaction through the forums. May I suggest that you report any misconduct (using this site to bypass an auction) to a Moderator via PM?

I personally think that if the fish were that desirable that the person should have bid on the auction and won. Either the original bidder or the other person that had it withdrawn. The seller of course has the option to do whatever they wish, including withdrawing the auction....

No point going on a rant about this. What's done is done and getting a big reaction in the forums does nothing but cause more problems. Let one of the staff know what happened and hopefully everything will be set right.

Question is, who will end up with the killies? Time will tell...

Tai ho there a minute PJ

It was me talking last nite to LL who was bidding for those killies.

The reason I said that was after asking a lot of questions.

At no time did I say or infer that she was/is a hopeless aquarist, and I pointed this out to her.

The reason behind me telling her that they would probably be dead within a week was from my own experience and also the results of a lot of first timers telling me the same thing.

It is called jumpitis, you know?

When you find the little fellow on the floor.

These fish were too valuable for this to happen to, and that was the reason that I offered to give her some fish for them. But I see now that they have been taken of the board.

NO!!

I didn't get them.

But I do hope that what I wrote on the replies was the reason that they were withdrawn and that they will be bred and you'll see more of them in the future.

I'm pretty sure this is the reason they were withdrawn.

The NZKA is a friendly place, as long as you aren't me, and the rarity of this fish was the sole reason I chatted like that with LL last nite.

To have a new species turn up in NZ like that demands that action be taken to try and get them established here.

She didn't seem upset last night, and if she does on reflection, then I'm sorry.

But it is for the best I think.

Alan 104

Just to add a little more PJ

Thes fish may not be common in NZ but they are not rare. I have been told that the rare fish is the A. Striatum wich I am soon to get

The striatums were offered as well as lagos if she wanted a choice.

Those fish are more tham rare IMO as there are several ppl with striatum and these are the only ones of the bitaeniatum that I've seen in NZ.

Alan 104

i dont want to pick sides BUT this is my point of what has happened after talking to LL for a long time tonight.

the killis were on trademe, going to be sold to whoever one the auction. LL was quite interested in them and bid on them. she said to matt in the thread he had started in private trade and exchange:

Sure no problem. :D

as you can see by matts answer on the bottom, that he was happy to help and was happy to sell them to her obviously

i was on the chatroom last night when alan was talkin to LL and he did offer her some other fish for them but she declined, fair enough. he then asked her a few questions which some of them she knew the answers, some she didnt, we all have to start somewhere. we all started with some fish we didnt know alot about, BUT, we learnt. the same would have happened here.

matt has told LL that he is keeping them to breed so we can get them established in the country. HE HAD THEM ON TRADEME, AND WAS PREPARED TO SELL THEM. he has withdrawn them because he believes they are going to an "in-experiened breeder" and doesnt want them do die and not become established.

he should of thought of this BEFORE he put them up to auction.

LL had the highest bid on them at the time and had met reserve AND was prepared to pay higher if she was out-bid. to have the auction withdrawn, IMO, has ripped her off.

quite franktly(sp??), they were up for auction, to be sold, someone had a posible winning bid on thm, they were withdrawn and a person has been left guttered because of what has happened...

fair enough if they are "very" rare but just the way this has been handled is apauling. there was little to no conferentation about the matter. you would think that "experienced" people like the ones involved would of handled the situation a bit better.

they were put up to auction, you found you had made a mistake but it was too late, somebody had bid and met reserve.

You made a mistake, that Shouldnt have been able to have been changed, unfortunately, it could and it did.

it was a mistake, mistakes happen, THATS LIFE-but the fact that it has left somebody quite upset is the bad part........

well thats my rant...

i probably repeated myself there sumwhere lol

According to the seller he said they were

They look like Ijebu Ode

I haven't seen them before in NZ.

I'm glad the fish were withheld, due to the point I have already stated, they now don't have to go through the trauma of traveling and water changing and risking death unnecessarily.

So goodluck to the seller and goodluck for the breeding of them.

Alan 104

I'm not going to take sides here either. I think this whole affair was handeld badly yes. People should be sure they want to sell to the WINNING bidder, regardless of there experience, when they put things up for auction.

That said, they were his fish to do with as he pleased until the auction closed, or payement received (not quite sure on exacts). If he decided that he did not want to sell them then, as much as we would like otherwise, he doesn't have to.

I've expierienced this myself with someone else. There was an arangment that I was to buy some fish off of a person, a price was set now apperently they don't want to sell to me. I don't like it, I'd really like that person to change there mineds but in the end no money has changed hands, they belong to that other person and they can't be forced to sell if they don't want to.

The End

yes, i agree with what you have said MRskz

The person selling the fish, in this case matt, has the rights to withdraw the auction on trademe, BUT, even though its possible, is not a very nice way of doing things.

LL was more than happy to bid to a very high price for these fish and was "expecting" to get them. to just have them "taken away" without any notification to her has left her guttered and with none of the fish she wanted so much.

IMO, auctions on TM that have met reserve, shouldnt be able to be withdrawn BECAUSE the seller should have thought about it before putting the them up for auction. this isnt the case though and they can be withdrawn whenever wanted by the seller, leaving any prospect buyer who are very interested in the item very upset and angry/annoyed

unfortunately, this has ended up with upset people

Fair enough if they should be kept to be bred so they can become established in the country, but just the way it has been dealt with is the sad part...

I really dont want to gain enemies over this but i am just voicing my view over things...

Good luck in the future to anybody with these awesome fish :D

**EVIL**

To withdraw an auction from Trademe you have to give a reason and that reason and the fact that it is withdrawn is notified to all bidders and watchers by Trademe. It was an auction and no one knows who was watching and waiting to bid at the last moment (including myself) Hopefully more will be available to us all after this.

I was watching and I assume it was due to a member stating that they were very rare and that he should breed them himself that the person took them out of the auction, straight after that was said.

I also feel that it is up to experienced members to support the less experienced fish keepers by giving them the information to enable them to reduce the risk of lose and not make them feel incapable of looking after the fish

Telling some one that they would be dead within a week is not very supportive or helpful, not mention is very hurtful

And if some one feels that they are that rare then surely they would offer all the support and help that they could possible give to ensure that they don't die and can then be

evilknieval69

could you please find out from your friend who he got them from as my brother has bitaeniatum and have spread them to a lot of killi breeders over the last year and if they are from his stock, he will sell her some cheeply

not just that the actions that have taken place has been based on how rare they are but at no time in ? and Answer did i see any discription of these fish just the photo, so it would be nice to know if indead they are rare

I'm not trying to cause any problems, just hoping to clear things up and maybe help out with some fish

wot??

evilknieval69

could you please find out from your friend who he got them from....

I dont know what you are talking about?? my friend has some??

im confused, i am good friends with the lady who is upset over this matter, not the person selling these..

i too would like to know if these are very rare as they were advertised as breeders so there must be some babys or eggs out there somewhere shouldnt there???

owell

cyas

**EVIL**

NO it wasnt me who was selling them...

it was matt who was selling them...

you said to me "can you find out where your friend got them from" meaning where did my friend MATT, get them from.

i dont really know matt, i am friends of LL who was the lady really wanting to buy them...

I DONT KNOW MATT, who was the seller and the person who withdrew the auction on TM

**EVIL**

I know it wasn't you selling the fish on trade me, but when I read what you had put I thought you were saying it was your friend matt that was selling them.

I Now I know that your name is Matt and that you have nothing to do with the person who was selling them on trade me

I will see if I can find out where they came from though

Christine

NZKA 139

Hi everyone

I have tracked the person that matt got the killifish from and he told me that the parent male came from my brother Alan Marshall NZKA 145 and that the female was imported and its lineage is unknown.

So the pair in question is of mixed breed

My brother Alan is quite happy for Lindyloo to contact him or myself to get some from him.

We hope this helps

Christine

NZKA 139

Well someone with 25 yrs experience didn't bother to do the research to find out where they come from to then realise that they are mongrels. Totaly Useless! Sooo Alan now that matt has pulled the auction off trademe should he still breed them?

Lyndyloo we get the last laugh. They are also not the only ones in NZ as there are more available and we can get more but...... they are no good for breeding because they are of mixed breed. They are still pretty fish but they are mongrels. Not pure and not suitable for breeding.

But if you are still after the A. Bitaeniatum let me know and I will help you set up as well as give you all the support and information you require to hlep care for these fish.

Cheers