Swelling zebra danios

Kookie

My 3 zeb danios are swollen. To the point their scales are starting to stick out. They also seem to have what looks like sores or abrasions on them.

They are still swimming around ok, and seem to be eating.

All other fish in the tank are ok. It's just the 3 zeb danios.

What could be causing this, and what do I do about it.

I was almost going to catch them and euthenise them. Thought I'd see what others have to say first.

Thanks in advance

Kookie

I've seen this before in a couple of Zebra Danio's I had, tried everything I could think of to cure it without success, I'd advise isolating the fish into their own tank. I didn't want to take the chance that it could spread to other fish and moved them into spare tank pretty sharpish when I first noticed this so have no idea if it could affect other fish.

I tried Melafix(bacterial), Furan 2(Fungal), Crushed Cat deworming tablets, kept water conditions as good as I could, none of it worked and the fish subsequently died.

i think it might be dropsy also, dont know too much about it and cant remember if it causes sores or not? zebras can handle cold temps right? if so get them out of there into a bowl or whatever, but i wouldnt leave them in there just incase it does spread. good luck!!