green water

evilknieval69

hello

i have a 100L breeding tank that i THINK has cyanobacter(sp?) the water is solid green :-?

I have a Breeding pair of bristlenoses and lots of BN babies and a couple apistos in it ATM but i cant see the back of the tank!!!

i do lots of big water changes and it never leaves.

i think i need ethyro....(woteva it is???) to get rid or it. what is the easiest way of ridding the tank of it???

Thankyou

**EVIL**

No, you don't. Cyano grows on all the surfaces in the tank, not in the water. Assuming you've done the obvious and done water changes without that working, put a heap of filter wool around the intake of your filter(Just wrap it around and rubber band it on) and clean it every day. I've found that to be the best way if water changes don't work.

Cheapest filter is a Corner filter full of filter wool,

I agree with the filter wool for algae to clean tanks. it is also good for picking up micro organisms that are harmfull in tanks also a bit of Carbon in tanks does SOMETIMES help, but not always.

Here is a web Page with some descriptions of Algae and remidies to fix them:

http://www.floridadriftwood.com/algae_i ... ation.html

I had a planted discus tank that had gone completely green (pea soup) before. I chuck in a couple of white square of algea block and in 4 days it cleared up completely. Open up the canister filter and the sopnge inside was completely green (dead algea). Give it a good wash with tank water and it hasn't happen since. It doesn't seem to affect the discus or the plants (swords). Not sure whether it'll affect the bristlenose.

ron

yea true but i only have baby bristlenose in it ATM...im not sure if they will use it as food...??!!??

in a month or so i have to move all of my fish out of the house anyway because we are getting our floors sanded and the polyurethane will kill them all so it is a good excuse to start it fresh...im just gunna leave it until then