TDS

slappers

The one I use, a Hanna, came pre calibrated, and tested twice, with the test results filled in.

It tests RODI at 00, and Auckland tap water, with some day to day fluctuations, somewhere around 60 or 70 ppm. So yours giving a reading of 0.19 for tap water, as IRA said, would appear to be some other unit than ppm.

Have fun, I'm sure you'll figure it out. Perhaps if you could beg or borrow a TDS meter with known readings and do a comparison, would help figure it out.

And - Good Score!! :D

this is the one i use, an HM digital inline dual TDS meter also with automatic calibration. one probe sits prior to RODI and one after. flick the switch on the unit to show ppm in and ppm out. shows 75 in, 0 out currently. doesnt matter what in shows, so long as out shows 0!!!

reverse_osmosis_hm_digital_dual_tds_meter.jpg

Looks like a combined conductivity and tds meter.

Conductivity (relates to salinity) is measured in mS (milli Seimens)

PPT is parts per thousand and would correspond to a tds reading.

By the looks of it the "mode" button would be used to select what type of measurement you want;

conductivity (in mS)

or TDS (in PPT)

I can't read what the other button says though.

Layton

There are 2 ways to set up these DI chambers, top down, or bottom up. The correct way is bottom up, and looks like that's what you've got.

The water exits the internal downpipe a little above the bottom, ( which in my view is a design flaw ), so your resin is changing to yellow around the exit point from the pipe, nearest the bottom.

By the time the yellow get's up to nearly the top, the bottom portion of resin will have slowly turned yellow also.

On the top chamber housing, the blue bit, where the tubes plug in, can be seen written the words "in', and "out". This is if using a cartridge. If using loose media such as DI resin, the order is reversed, you plug the inlet into where it says "out". This gives you bottom up flow, which eliminates any air in the system and allows 100% efficient use of the media.