Registering Breeds

PENEJANE

PJ, if you have a Killi number you are a member of the NZKA and as MA staes then a member of the Federation through that club.

The clubs have to pay $5 of the entrants fees to the FNZAS (capitation fee) thereby making you a paid up member.

Confirmation of this is when you get your Aquatic World and/or Year Book from Caryl, the Editor, who has been informed by Jane, the Treasurer of the FNZAS who has received your fee via the club that you belong to.

By the way, last year when I bred some goldfish, I put the fry into an icecream container and took a pic of them just as backup if I was asked for confirmation.

They were later witnessed by another club member so there was no problems there.

Alan 104

Could a member of another Aquarium society sight them?

Like for example if there is an Invercargill Aquarium society or something could a member of that or maybe even the breeding co-ordinater from there sight them?

I’m not sure who’s close enough apart from Tammy (MRSkz) but it’s a thought.

There is no club in invercargill. The closes club is in dunners and there is Southern Man there also. But as it seems I can't qualify anyway as even though I paied my NZKA joining fees in Dec. They ran out at the end of March (not that anyone told me) so apparently I am not a financial member no more and that means I can't register my breedings.

Don't know where your information is coming from PJ but you are definately a member of the NZKA.

Your membership doesn't come to an abrupt halt.

You will have membership rights through to a month or so past the AGM.

If your fish hatched and were free swimming before the 31st March they will qualify when the 30 days are up.

Alan 104

That would only cover my bettas which hatched on the 26th of march and was free swimming by the 28th of march. My corys how ever layed on the 3rd of april and hatched on the 9th of april. I have no idea as to when these will be free swimming as they are bottom dwellers lol.

So how does this work then. I joined the NZKA in Dec last year. When does the membership run out? and how does it affect registering breedings? Can I only register the one breeding because I have passed the 31st of March and now have to pay again?

This is starting to get confusing! lol

Cheers

Righteoh Pj.

Your subs for the year 06/07 will be due from our AGM which is this weekend.

As far as I can see with the incease in capitation fee of $5, that will bring the NZKA up to the princely figure of only $25.

Due to the hatching / free swimming date, your corydoras will be eligible for this year 06/07.

But the fighters are eligible for the 05/06 year so you have a foot in each year.

Another three breedings of different species and you'll be entitled to a breeders badge.

I think that covers it perfectly PJ, well it does for me, but if you want to query more, I'm happy to try to help you, or others as well.

Alan 104