Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hello form Carterton

Featured Replies

hello. I cant believe the proliferation of fantastic fish keeping related sites that has happened without me noticing, especially NZ ones!

I have always been interested in keeping fish, but time constraints and a young family and a burgeoning career diverted my focus about 5 years ago. Things have changed (for the better - told them where to stick the career) and I now have more energy to devote to the finer things of life ie family, freinds and of course fish!

My particular bent is our native freshwater species (and to a smaller extent the exotics that roam free in our waterways). I would be interested to correspond with other enthusiasts and share knowledge and experience with them.

cheers

Mike C

HI Mike

Welcome to the fish room, there are a few freshwater native nuts (excuse the term) :D around but not many

There is a guy in Wellington who is probably one of the bigest nuts, but a really nice one :-).

He gave a talk to the Hawkes Bay Aquarium Club a little while back and was very interesting

Send me an email or PM and I will give you his details

/Bruce

Welcome to The Fishroom Mike. We are all nuts here :D

The Wairarapa has a very active aquarium club. Most of them spent Queen's Birthday weekend at the FNZAS fish conference in Blenheim.

Hi Mike, welcome to the NZFR.

My son is into collecting native fish, but unfortunately we don't get together to talk much, but here are a few links you might want to browse over.

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?t=221

http://www.niwa.cri.nz/rc/freshwater/fi ... inanga.htm

http://www.niwa.cri.nz/rc/freshwater/fi ... inanga.htm

Have a look at:

http://www.nzfreshwater.org/

for good info on NZ native fish.

It includes captive maintenance info at:

http://www.nzfreshwater.org/index_aquaria.html

There is also a mailing list based at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nzfreshwater

Happy Days.

Bill (Pegasus)

  • 2 weeks later...

Great to have you on board mikec :) I remember trying to catch the fresh water crays and the cock-o-bullies in the west coast mountain stream when a child. :P I am now positive that is when the fish loving/keeping virus got me. Welcome again

Great to see someone from outside the local fish club on board. Don't

believe everything Caryl said about use all being nuts. Some of us are

normal. Well we were before we all went down south for the Conference

at Queens Birthday and had a great time... You should try it. I'm from Masterton if you need any help just ask and I will see what I can do.

JoG :roll:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.