DIY making holes in pots hehe

evilknieval69

before i start... WARNING... this is a guide only, i have used dangerous-ish power tools in this and not everybody can do it. i take no responsibility for any injurys because of this post....hehe

thanks, just dont wana get into any trouble :D

ok

i bought 4 different sized terracotta pots not long ago and i have made them all differently. i have put holes/doors in 3 and nothing in one. i will run you through what i did with pics.

i used an angle grinder to do some of these holes.

this hole i made by making a small cut-out on the bottom making a door...

bc854c64.jpg

this one was made by using the angle grinder and cutting the top out

9d3b3fe2.jpg

this one was just sat into the tank sideways

f364a6e7.jpg

and this one, my favourite :D , was made by (accidently) dropping it onto the ground, hitting my foot first :x

5251bd8b.jpg

just a few different ideas for making doors in pots

feel free to add your own pics of what you have done with your pots for your fishys...

take care

**EVIL**

ok here's how i did my one.

firstly i started by scratching a little bit out so it made a little hole through the side. Next i used my stepfathers dremell and slowly made the circular shape.

finished product:

P4040006.jpg

please excuse the algae :lol: .... kribs love this pot though :D

I go for the natural look - go to the warehouse and look for already broken pots - can find some unusal "doors" and you can discuss the price depending on how many doors/holes in the pot.

sorry have got a pict to put up, but I have siliconed my and then stuck sand over them - means the java moss sticks to it easier and it blends in with the driftwood and gravel