Hi, I'm new!

Mel1708

Hi!

I'm new to the forums. I love aquatic animals and currently have three aquariums containing an axolotl, two firebelly newts and a goldfish + snail. I would like to have more but not enough space. Would really like to own a golden axolotl one day and maybe an arowana.

Have found this site really interesting especially getting a kiwi aspect on the care of some animals, can be hard to apply foreign guides to pet care in this country!

Looking forward to meeting others with similar interests especially other newt and axolotl owners!

Mel :wink:

Yea I know. Everytime I visit Jansens I want a new tank or a new animal. I think I'm going to have to wait till I get my own house. Luckily my partner shares my interest in aquriums and he says we can convert our future garage/basement to hold aquariums/terrariums - I'm going to hold him to that!

Mel :wink:

Welcome Mel1708,

Great to have you here, I'm sure there will be a few Axolotyl and Newt owners on here somewhere. :wink::wink::wink:

Absolutely wonderful site, full of very knowledgeable people, just remember, it doesn't matter how small the question is ,"if you don't ask you wont know". :wink::wink::wink:

Happy Fishing :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lynda

pm me hun and i can put you onto a golden seller in auckland. i got mine off her just as they were coming out but now theyre pretty common. i also keep axolotls (quite a nut on them actually) and i managed to score myself a proper albino off rebecca on here, second one ive seen in nz so far so im really stoked about that. if ya wana pm me i can put you onto the lady and give you some top sites to have a read about them if ya like :wink:

Hi!

Yes thats my axolotl Roxy an the avatar, shes about 2 or 3 years old, 25cms long and a real character!

Thanks for the offer of contacts for the golden axolotl, I don't actually have room for one yet though :cry: I keep an eye out for them on Trade Me and I've seen a couple. What would you say is a resonable price for one these days? I think the Rebecca you're talking about is the one I bought my newts off.

When you say a true albino axolotl what do you mean? My ones leucistic, if she had pink eyes would that make her albino or do they have to have no brown markings on them?

Mel :D

Hi mel, I'm new (as of last week) too. And like you I really appreciate having a kiwi perspective and being able to read advice relating to products you can actually get here! And they are right... sooo many fishies.... not enough room... want more tanks.... (just don't tell my husband!) :lol: :P

Hi!

Yes, thats the reason I joined this site because its really nice to have access to knowledgeable people in NZ who know what they're talking about. I'm no expert but sometimes when I go to pet shops I get frustrated because they often don't know what they're talking about!

Mel :D

I hate to admit this but some of the people in here don't always know what they are talking about either :wink: :roll: :lol:

We are all hobbyists sharing our knowledge and experience. Some have a lot more of this than others but all mean well and at least you know we aren't trying to sell you something! 8)

Hi & welcome!

I'm sure you'll give & get lots of information here...this is a great site!

Yes thats my axolotl Roxy an the avatar

How about posting a pic of your avatar, would like to see it bigger??

Take care,

Caper