Okey Dokey.... An update.

Kookie

Hellooo.

So here we are roughly a month n a bit after turning on the tank.

Not a bad home job, considering we only had the tank to start.

Just stuck on what colour to paint it. Any suggestions? lol

Ok First pic is the whole project so far.

01.jpg

The second pic, is how my tank looks now.

There are 72 fish in there, and I have lots of different types.

I think 17 different types of fishies.

To be honest, I have no idea what alot of the plants are,

so I was completely random in where I planted their jungle.

001.jpg

Thanks for the positive vibes guys.

Looking really good. What is the room colour scheme? That will help with cabinet colour suggestions 8)

Of course, black or white go with everything (and black will make it look slimmer :wink: )

The room has light blue walls, but the rest of the decore is natural earth tones browns, tans etc. Thought about staining it, but that will show up where were have bogged the screw holes etc, so it has to be paint.

Thanks for the positive vibes guys.

The room has light blue walls, but the rest of the decore is natural earth tones browns, tans etc. Thought about staining it, but that will show up where were have bogged the screw holes etc, so it has to be paint.

It looks GREAT! I love the cabinet! (giving me ideas here).

I think you should paint it a dark wine red colour! Maroon. Something like that. Will go with all the natural tones you have and i think it would look nice against the dark green in the tank. Anyway it looks good.

i really like the green cause it blends in with the plants to make it look more colour coordinated (sharn likes coordinating colours) or that maroon. can you chuck up a black one rory? be intersting to see what that looks like, i think white would get marked easily and it looks to bright imo

i really like the green cause it blends in with the plants to make it look more colour coordinated (sharn likes coordinating colours) or that maroon. can you chuck up a black one rory? be intersting to see what that looks like, i think white would get marked easily and it looks to bright imo

003.jpg

How about funky orange?

Believe it or not, I actually like the orange.

I can guarantee it will be a big NO on that colour though.

Have been looking at wine reds. Hard to find one just right.

Had a house where the lounge was painted a deep wine red.

Outstanding colour.

Rory what programme are you using to colour the cabinet?

Believe it or not, I actually like the orange.

I can guarantee it will be a big NO on that colour though.

Have been looking at wine reds. Hard to find one just right.

Had a house where the lounge was painted a deep wine red.

Outstanding colour.

Rory what programme are you using to colour the cabinet?

Im using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

So far i've found NZ paint stors to be VERY unhelpful! I was trying to create a 'piano black' finish for stereo rack I was making but every store i went to didn't know what a piano black fish was so i ended up explaining what a piano looks like ("ultra high gloss, and the blackest shade of black you can get"). In the end i just gave up cause no one could help me. :cry:

So if anyone knows where i can get paint for a piano black finish in NZ PM me!

Hope the paint hunting goes well for you! :D

Rory, I think you need a 2-pot catalyst high-gloss black. (Not that I know anything about paint.) Part of the thing about a piano is that it has that really hard lacquer-look finish.

By the way, I like your sample paint colours for kookie's cabinet. Very clever!

Kookie, I personally like the deep green cabinet. The wine/maroon would be my second choice. Can you post a pic of the whole room? A nice wide shot so we can see the walls and other furnishings :)

The choice of colour also depends on the 'temperature' of the room, both literally and emotionally. Blue walls can make a room seem quite cool, so the deep red tones may add a nice warming balance to it.

Can you post a pic of the whole room? A nice wide shot so we can see the walls and other furnishings :)

The choice of colour also depends on the 'temperature' of the room, both literally and emotionally. Blue walls can make a room seem quite cool, so the deep red tones may add a nice warming balance to it.

The room is warm in both respects. The pale blue walls have been drowned out by all the tans and browns in the room. I'm a fan of natural wood colour, so most of my shelves and cabinets are wood coloured.

Will try for a pic of the lounge.