New tank..... will be updates as things go along.

Duke

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tank is located about 20m up the driveway so its only good for one direction. That is 20m head.

There is a company in Papakura (down the rd) who breeds cray fish and use a local water delivery company. They suppy the pump to the driver. They have said I can use their pump or should I say the driver can borrow it and collect my water when it suits and deliver. Very nice of them. They are collecting today after all the rain. I am not quite ready yet.

The tank is full of 8yr old fresh water and the tank has a metal tap at the bottom which will need changing.

Most say there are still nice people in the world, I have only spoken with this guy twice on the phone. HFF put me on to a guy who put me on to this guy.

Well what a day!!!

Second coat of stain, painted the back of the tank and added handels.

Stain is not dark enough, Kauri stain was used and the test bit at Bunnings was quite dark. Wife agrees that the stain job is SH&T.

OH well.

IMG_6073.jpg

IMG_6072.jpg

That is the stain and finished as dicussed.

Now the paint... Navy colour, wanted black board paint as dicussed in an earilier post but found a post latter on the Net saying next time he would go with a really dark blue instead of black as it will add some extra deepth to the tank. So the darkest blue I could find was Navy. 3 cans of spray paint.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/Arronhooper/IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_6074.jpg

Hope to move the tank inside tonight.... will post!!

Don't know what is differnt as I'm doing the same thing as every other picture.... #$%^&^.

Last time .

Mr MOD ... have another look at my pictures they are all 256 x 192 in my last post so please have a look. Getting a little anoyed.

Or like many other you can keep your site as its starting to lose its apeal.

IMG_6077.jpg

IMG_6079.jpg

I know for a fact these are the same as above 256 x 192.

Duke said:

Mr MOD ... have another look at my pictures they are all 256 x 192 in my last post so please have a look. Getting a little anoyed.

Your pics are 1024x768... TOO BIG.

The ones you posted further back in the article were 568x426... NOT 256x129.

Do you ACTUALLY think I .. and others.. enjoy sitting here at all hours of the night and day waiting for your huge pics to download while the screen is jumping about all over.. ?

The rules are the rules.

If you don't like them.. then post your pics elsewhere.

Or like many other you can keep your site as its starting to lose its apeal.

As above...

The rules are the rules.

If you don't like them.. then post your pics elsewhere.

Let's just clear something up here.

If you DO decide to wait for the oversize pics to download.. then the next time you view they MAY have been resized by the system.. so then on viewing you would "presume" that they are the right size.. when in fact they are not.

Go to the SW Members Tank section for a re-sizer.

The pics on your storage site need to be within the limits BEFORE you submit them.. NOT after they have been downloaded.

Bill

Mod.

Thanks cracker the resizer works great.

I was using Photobucket to resize but not anymore.

Sorry Mr Mod.... you do a good job and I would not want your job.

Can you please edit all the non picture posts?

IMG_6082Small.jpg

Picture of my 4ft tank looking forward to the transfer.'>

Picture of my 4ft tank looking forward to the transfer.

Where is edit when you need it, still to big 640 x 480 not 600x480.

I assume 640x480 is fine, seeing as thats a standard picture size, if you make pics 600x480 your picture will distort and not look the original anymore.

I think 600x480 is a typo and 640x480 is fine.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong

Cheers

W

Walter is right..

640x480 is fine.

Duke:

Your pic is now showing up as a 160x120.

Your first set of pics were great.. and the right size.

You have gone from one exteme to the other :)

I will edit out the posts in the early hours of the morning, as there are too many post to check at the moment.

EDIT:

As requested.. removed some of the posts that were duplicate links.

Left the others as they have other info on them.

Thanks,

Bill.

• 4 weeks later...

My return is all finished..... I am using a super squirt and 4 x revilutions from Ocean Motion.

IMG_6274Small.jpg

IMG_6275Small.jpg

The over flow and return comes up through the floor behind my stereo and through the wall. I hope there is no leaks!!!! It will be an insurance job if it does.

IMG_6276Small.jpg

This picture is with the tank full of water..

IMG_6279Small.jpg

I have had a few issuie getting everything up and running but getting close to finished.

Last shot is of my control system, using a PLC to run everything and it's working great.

I can push a button and the main pump will stop for 10min when feeding. Another push button will fill my top off tank automatically.

I have a switch to add fresh water if needed and a push button to stop the skimmer for 30min when dosing Zeovit. I also have a saftey level switch in the sump which will turn off everything except the streams. This will only happen if the sump runs dry but it's a good saftey issuie.

IMG_6280Small.jpg

The water is cloudy as I have just added sand.

IMG_6281Small.jpg

Controller.

IMG_6284Small.jpg

'>

haha. How did you wire your switches? Are they two throw or do they just break the circuit? And what type of PLC is that, I am going to come up with some automation myself but never really looked at PLCs.