Network Syno?

Faran

Thanks guys, I knew the "common name" but was having trouble identifying it on Planetcatfish.

Laura - I was trying to get in touch with you guys yesterday about some nice catfish (adult female hoplos, phantom pleco) which were for sale up in Shannon that I thought you'd be keen on. Picked up this beaut and a S. Angelicus while I was there and a friend got a Farowella acus. Cat also had a quartet of whiptails as well... so many cats, so little tank space. My Synos are currently in a friends tank while I get my new 4ft down and set up.

LOL Alan, yeah I have the same problem. I was planning on popping the Angelicus into the discus community tank for a while but realized at the last minute that the nocturnal behaviour freaks out the discus so they'll have to have a tank of their own... with the hoplos, I suppose.

Evil - they're currently housed in a Tanganyikan tank with a high pH around 7.5-8 and 26 degrees. Will be doing something similar for them in the new tank - a 120cmx60cmx45cm with a fake rock (poly and concrete) background - I'll be getting in a little while if everything goes as planned.

Yeah, they (phantoms) are gorgeous plecs. Saw one in the Para pet shop for $140 and with the discount that brought it down to $126. Almost went back and picked it up a few days later but managed to control the urges - MUST HAVE FISH!!!!

This one was being sold as a "peppermint" by cat from the forums for $100 and a good price. A little smaller than the one I saw in Para, I'd say it was 5-6cm and very nice colouration. The hoplos were adult females (15-20cm) and $20 each but two of them had hazy eyes - possibly from rubbing on rocks and such.

Give her a PM if you're after any of her fish. She actually sold a butterfly pleco to Jammos for only $100 but no one else knew about it being for sale as they listed it as a "brazilian" - I was imagining something very clean shaved :lol:

Almost went back and picked it up a few days later but managed to control the urges - MUST HAVE FISH!!!!

I think I need the number for your Hypnotherapist :).

they listed it as a "brazilian" - I was imagining something very clean shaved

:lol: *starts compulsive itching* :lol:

ROFLMAO

Too funny, Laura!

Just wanted to mention that I answered Krib via PMs and no, I don't have any Tangs at present but love them to bits and looking forward to having a Tang tank of my own someday soon. 'Specially Julies... gorgeous. Leleupis are okay, pulchers are some mean little things and, of course, compriceps would be awesome...

:hail: /me bows to the fishy gods praying for some compriceps to land at his feet :hail:

:wink:

Explains why so many people have had one... it's been passed around to the homies like a '40' on a Friday night!

So the auction where I "snagged" the picture of the Network Syno has just been relisted if anyone else is after one. Think I'll fill him in on what it is for auction so people don't think he's nuts for trying to sell a featherfin for that price...

Is a network syno worth this much?

• 2 weeks later...