Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nutrafin co2 kit

Featured Replies

Yep I've tried the Nutrafin Co2 kit, they seem to work well, you can make your own at a lot less $, just by using a 2ltr coke bottle, and abit of airline tube,if you look in the plants forum you will see posts there on how to make your own C02 mixture, I cant remember off hand the amounts but know it's a mixture of water, sugar and yeast.

I dont use this method anymore I use the Sera CO2 system which is soo easy to use, just like adding a berrocca to the tank. A tablet is placed in a special plastic difusser and the CO2 gas slowly disperses thru the special plastic difusser. I use this method with Seachem Flourish works wonders.

Happy Planting

Lynda

I've got the nutrafin one, and I am happy with it on the whole. It is reasonably expensive to run if you use the refills so I'm using my own yeast now. Have also used the coke bottle type but I like the nutrafin container better, it is really solid and takes up less room.

Hi, i have used nutrafin CO2 before and they have work wonders. now i am using pressure CO2 tank with dual guage CO2 regulator and selonoid to shut off electronically with timer.

any way this is expensive stuff.

i suggest you start with Nutrafin CO2 first to gauge your needs for your plant before you embark on more expensive stuff.

i think i have two new sets left. some shop is selling as high as $70-80. i am happy to sell you for $50 each (nett).

these are new and have never been used before. they come with new refill pack. i will help you with the fomular (of the mix to produce CO2 or someone can also help). so that you do not have to buy the expensive refill.)

another reason for you to buy this is the diffuser. the canister, anyone can replace with the coke bottle but the diffuser is critical so that the Co2 bubble can be absord into your water tank.

PM me for more detail.

all the best.

There was 1 small problem, that I did encounter with the Nutrafin System and that was, if you are having this system in a plant tank, if you have any plant matter floating around, if this gets into the bubble counter it stops working, as this is a ladder type counter, it can be a bit of a nuisance.

Good Luck

Lynda

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.