Tank Upgrade...

lduncan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roughly 1/4 to 1/5th the price. But probably more importantly, it's going to be more workable (in terms of drilling holes etc) than a completely glass tank.

Plus, i would have to get something similar even if I go all glass for the bottom.

Layton

Low iron I think. The mounting is the thing that worries me, this is how royal exclusive do it:

glass_mount.jpg

That's 45mm (3 x 15mm opticlear glass laminated). I may need to chat with someone at royal exclusiv about the best way do this, hopefully they will help me out.

Layton

i have seen a very large tank once in germany and it had the front glass pannel "siliconed" in. the front glass pannel had a frame around it that was fixed to the rest of the tank and the viewing glass was kind of glued in by the silicon but was also held in place by the weight of the water in the tank pressing against the glass.

that tank held about 3000 liter which was for most people huge in the mid eighties. the tank was concreted in to a corner in the living room. (reminder make sure you own the house if you do so :D )

:lol: layton that is pathetic. if you accuse someone on the way they do business, have some facts to back it up.

i deal with whoever has what i need either at the time or for the best price, simple. just like clothes shopping, no different. i dont care how either party does business, if i need it, i'll buy it :D

:lol: layton that is pathetic. if you accuse someone on the way they do business, have some facts to back it up.

All I said is that I don't like the way he does business. It's my personal perception. Others may see different, i'm not about to stop them.

i deal with whoever has what i need either at the time or for the best price, simple. just like clothes shopping, no different. i dont care how either party does business, if i need it, i'll buy it :D

That's fine, that's you. I don't deal with people I don't like, don't trust or generally rub me the wrong way. There are usually plenty of other people around who i'm better off dealing with. Often it doesn't come down to money.

Layton