Uh-oh, my daughter has expensive tastes!

Zev

My ten year old daughter has always liked Plecos, she is very interested that we will be getting a tank, but couldn't care less what is in it, as long as we have a Pleco, and she doesn't like Bristlenoses at all for some reason.

Anyway, yesterday we were at one of the LFS and she sees a Pleco that is not hiding behind stuff, but happliy grazing the bottom of the tank. He has gold spots that almost look two-toned. 'Ooo..' she says, 'can we get one of those, I like him the best', complete with the obligatory puppy dog eyes look. I reply mabye, after we actually get a fishtank! So, being extremely organised about the matter, she goes and asks the guy in the shop what sort it is so we can get one the same later. He gives her the name, and she goes over to the tank to see how much it is... $159 the most expensive one there!

The only other fish she liked was the Arowana, at about four times the price!

Hi Peteypleco

I think she liked the colour, and possibly the fact that he was mooching about on the bottom of the tank looking for food, while the others were hiding behind the heater!

She is very impressed that they eat zuchinni and watermelon.