YAY my bristlenoses have laied more eggs!!

PENEJANE

WOW I was wondering when this was going to happen again. I can see that eggs seem to be scattered about the cave that he is in. I hope that he rounds them up or they will fungus (?) I don't know how many eggs are there as I can't see under the cave but it would of been done last night so 2 weeks from now I should be able to get numbers of how many I have :D YEEE HAWWWW

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :hail:

Exciting Stuff Penejane, I've got Angels eggs that have just hatched at the moment, pretty exciting stuff alright, had abit of a diaster with the last lot of Angel Eggs I had, ended up loosing Mum Dad and all the Bubbies, so hears hoping this time everything will be ok.

Good Luck with ya Eggies.

Lynda

Hows it all going with ya eggs Penejane?

Mine are going good, had about 10 that turned white, M&D have moved them now from the side of the filter to the top of the filter. Thinking about moving bubbies to a 2ft tank on their own before they get to the free swimming stage, thought probably abit easier to keep them all togehter at the wriggler stage, I'm feeling abit guilty tho, M&D dooing a wonderful job for their first spawn, feel terrible bout whisking their bubbies away, but I know they wont survive in the 4ft Comm Tank if I dont remove them.

All I see at the moment is a mass of wrigglers, will try and post some pics when I find out how.

Let me know how its all going with yours.

Lynda

Why not put M&D and the fry into the 2ft tank, that will kepp them and you happy LOL :lol:

Mine make it easy for me, the eggs are stuck inside an helicopter with the male so i just pick it up and put it in the other tank.

Good luck with the fry Penejane and Lynda

I am unable to move the whole family together. The only other fish in their tank is half black guppies. I have noticed through the only entrance of the cave that some of the eggs are not with the rest of the bunch. Would the male bn eventually move the escaped eggs with the rest of the bunch? As I have noticed that over a days period that the eggs are being moved about (the loose ones that is) I am unable to see how many eggs there are because of where he has them in the cave but I am excited as normal. So two weeks and I should see them wriggling about :D

Cheers

pictures would be worthless as I am unable to get to where he is. The cave that he is in is a ceramic (or what ever they use) cave rock. He is hidden under the front point. I can show you a picture of the rock cave he is in though but you will see why I say it is pointless of me taking pictures of him as I won't see him lol.

Cheers

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/p ... ure009.jpg

Congrats PJ!!!! At least you can see anything at all... my BNs breed in caves under the driftwood and I hardly know they're at it until I have babies running around the tank. The youngsters should be fine with guppies and you'll have a good number of offspring as long as they don't end up in the filter.

Good luck and ANY pictures are appreciated.... even if it's just poppas head sticking outta the cave... ;)

Ummm out of the two times my bn's have breed I have noticed over the last couple of days that the male is comming out. Last time he never came out at all (that I knew of during the day). Does this mean that the eggs have gone sour or something? As mentioned before I can't see the eggs and the only way I can find out is to pick up the whole rock cave and turn it over. The temp has been getting pretty high inside during the day so could this be a prob? Tank is up to 28*C. The eggs would of been layed about monday last week so its just been over a week so far. I have just had a look and he is at the other end of the tank on the log.

What should I do? Do I leave him and hope he will go back to the nest in time or has something gone wrong and I should investagate the cave?

Cheers

Ok late last night I noticed that the bristlenoses were going to the surface for air then back to the bottom again. Could this be a sign that there isn't enough oxygen in the water because my water test came up normal so I have added a pump and an air stone and everyone seems happy again. I am not sure if my male has gone back to his eggs or not but I shall watch today and let yous know.

Cheers

You will probably find that with the weather being hotter the tank has warmed up and the warmer the water the less oxygen content.

I was using a small air pump on my GBA breeding tank but have had to put a bigger pump on as they too were surfacing for air.

If they are surfacing for air increase the surface disruption by either more air or the filter outlet closer to the surface to create some agitation, or both.