What treatment works best?

morgie

hey,

just a question , does melafix increase the growing back rate of the fighter aswell as treating deseases? cause ive got a fighter too and he keeps getting finrot cause i change tanks but when i changed him a week ago to my tank with a recently bought Eheim 2210 his tail started growing back. Then i bought bout 17 fish (3 mollies, 1 pleco, 5 glow lights, 5 neons and 3 black tetras). the fighters fins went split and i know it wasnt the neons cause they split not just rot. hes in a tank on his own now to see if his fins will grow back to the original size.

so can anybody help?

Well if the pleco is anything like the common bristlenose then there is a chance that its spikes that they stick out now and then may have caught its fins. My Guppies have often swam past my bristlenose when he is displaying his spikes and has had their tail ripped/split. Its a clean slice and normaly heals again with out any defects.

So that could be one thing thats happening but others may have more suggestions also :D

Cheers

sorry, no , its a red spotted pleco, i have a feeling it was the stress of all the fish coming in at once, invading his "territory", but thats just my opinion, other suggestions would be appreciated too and about the melafix thanx

thanx for the reply penejane

:hail::hail:

thanx, yeah i do have plastic plants and maybe thats why my fighter kept on chasing down my biggest mollie all the fekn (father Ted quote) time. oh well got him in his own tank now and he is loving it :D his fins are growing back and he swims in and out of his little ornament... best liking it in his own company, which is wierd cause you always think they will get lonely but not this one.. he loves it

cheers, thanx for the help :bounce: :bounce: