Mosquito Larvae

LYNDYLOO

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows if i can feed Mosquito Larvae to my Fishies, I have 2 big drums out at my 1 1/4 acre section, which we are planning to build on soon, these two drums are filled with water for the plants that I am planting out for the Landscaping there, I noticed when I was out there today, there are heaps of what I think are Mosquito Larvae, can I feed these to my fishies?

Lynda

I fish them out with a tea-strainer, run it under the tap to wash 'em off and then just dump them in - the fish LOVE them, especially the Rams. And because I have a layer of floating Riccia on the surface, the mossie larvae can hide out and the fish can then hunt for the rest of the day!

mosquitos lay floating canoe like eggclusters in still water,the larvae ythen hatch and you can collect them, and fish absoultly love them,plus they are a great free food,full of goodness for ya fishies

rep_mb_mosquitobarrierh20.gif

id say these are what you describe slash^^

Tim

:bounce:

Yes yes yes fish LOVE live foods - Mine get mozzy larvae and daphnia from the horse troughs most days, it's brilliant and like someone said, Blue rams LOVE it, so do the danios and neons. I think it's great for the fishes well being to get them behaving naturally and it's fun to watch them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I had some mozzy larvae once which i kept in an orange juice container. I just left them to become mosquito's which i then put in the gap between the lid and the water. Then u get to see the fish jump for them, quite fun to watch really.

Just thought id put in my two cents.