Plecos??? why do they poo so much?

mickey-tropical-fish-mad

I never noticed any of mine producing excessive amounts of poo except if I put one straight into a really dirty tank with lots of algae. For a day or two there's heaps until it's all cleaned up.

So, in conclusion, plecos poo so much because you have a dirty tank.:)

Lol guys.My breeding pair of bncf have the highest waste level in any of my tank. The tank is bare and you can realy see how much they poo a day lol. They dirty the tank within 3 days. Ive got great filtration and they still manage to make me do a water change every 3 days :evil: The joys of fish keeping.

Get some plants in your tanks, they'll absorb the pleco poo and grow beautifully and the fish will love it. My tank is totally planted I have 2 BNCF and I didn't even know they did poo. Well, I do now but I've never seen it. The water is cystal clear (water change every 1-2 weeks). Have taken the filter out now as tank is cycling and plants and water changes do the filtering.

i personally don't think your should plant plants as they will be destroyed in a couple of weeks if you have a big pleco. my amazon swords lasted 2 weeks and the others didin't even last the night.

Sorry to say but pleco poo is just something you have to cope with seeing. or get darker gravel.