Skimmer test , Beckett

reef

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me all these examples you have..

I’m not going to spend all night going on a search.

It is a statement based on what I have seen and noticed tends to happen with you.

I think this forum should put stronger controls in place to keep vendor talk out of threads as most others do.

Vendors should have their own section where people can talk to them freely if they want to. Doing so would only benefit you so why do you have an issue with it, I know the thought of agreeing with me on something is hard for you to stomach but you should be agreeing with me on this.

It gives vendors their own section that they can control to promote their own products.

The facility that is here is not that obvious "Commercial Trade and Exchange" should be opened out so you can see each vendors names on the front page not a link to them.

Reef

The first thing that you should have posted was the complete specifications of both units so they can be compared properly.

Manufacturers tank size recommendations. (Do they match or are they a mismatch, I don't know myself and I'm sure there are a lot of others here that don't because they may not use them).

Cost.

Tell us why you think they are appropriate units to compare you must of had a reason.

Find someone in the forum that has the most experience with the unit you are comparing to the Deltec and make sure you are running it correctly.

I'm serious about the comment regarding my cheap skimmer I find it hard to believe that it would have finer bubbles than the one you have in the test but you seem to be stating that it does if that is the best you can do with the tuning.

I can't say myself what you are doing wrong because I have not owned that brand.

You need to remember or be aware that the vortex motion in venturi skimmers also causes a lot of the separation of waste, as well as the venturi and bubbles, so comparing bubbles is not that relevant if the vortex is stronger than the one with the finer bubbles.

The bubbles only have to lift what has already been separated.

Get someone else to do it.

It doesn't matter if you are going to be honest or not. If you are the vendor of just one of them it will be seen as biased by people who don't know you. Why do you think companies get independent testing done on their products?

Lastly ask everyone if there is anything else they can think of that they would like to see shown because I’m not the only one that seems to have an issue with it.

The first thing that you should have posted was the complete specifications of both units so they can be compared properly

Read the thread as i had the specs.

so comparing bubbles is not that relevant

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-06/fm/feature/index.php

Something for you to read as i am aware how skimmers should work and how to judge a good skimmer.

will post more links so you can learn about air/water ratio. contact time etc.

Why do you think companies get independent testing done on their products

We are talking about a minor niche market for these skimmers.

Also no one in NZ has the amount of experiance i have on using skimmers. I have used over 20 so i think i am up with the play on how a skimmer should work.

pointless comments like my skimmer has taken a whole cup out means nothing .

And another point, who sells Beckett skimmers in NZ. NO ONE. I am looking at doing it once i can compare results and pricing.

So far the Beckets are not much cheaper when you compare apples with apples.

I have not finished the test so everyone should hold on so i can complete it.

this must be the merry christmas thread!!!

all the fruitcakes you can get, from the king country to the shore, the waitak's and beyond. must be a sorry christmas in CHCH as there seem to be no fruitcakes. oopps sorry forgot co....l.

i personly prefer mince pies but fruitcake will do.

:bounce:

merry christmas to all you intense reefers (including wannabe fruitcakes)

who needs all the big, expensive skimmers. go the berlin classic go!!!

I have and am using an Aqua C ( Remora Pro ). Not as good as the needlewheel skimmers although they were highly rated overseas when they first came out.

They skim rather wet due to the chaotic reaction chamber and uneven bubble size. They are adjustable but if you set it too dry you will get poor performance.

I just saw one of the, aqua c, ev skimmers in action down at pet world in CHCH wasnt working well at all, i think they needed to clean or get a bigger pump, very very simpl design though.

And i thought i was farming aptasia up in my auclkand shop :lol:

Went to c kingdom they had a mean yellow stag for sale but thats about it, nice shop though the best so far.

Will try to get to redwoods when they open up again after new years.

everyone have a great night today.

Ben

Cant wait to go and check out the shops in Christchurch going down soon. It will be good to see some different set ups. Might bring that yellow Frag home only a hour 20 in the plane should be ok. Looking forward to getting down there. I was brought up in ash Vegas Yehaaa. :D Might buy a real rugby shirt while Im there the blues suck :wink: I know what you mean about aptasia Ive been fighting it hard and can say Im aptasia free( That i can see ) I hate them :evil: So C Kingdom and Redwoods are the shops to check out :bounce:

Whats been the best weapon in your fight against aptasia? (other than persistence?)

This is my secound tank so I learnt from the first one never to let them in or you will have an almost impossable fight. So Im fussy about everything I put in a watch it like a hawk. They still pop up on frags and corals from Shops etc I just had a frag thats had three and I swear there wasnt any when I bought it. Soon as I see the little buggers I pull out the frag and cut the rock out really deep Squirt lemon juice on the spot it was on and put it back in. So far so good

no wonder you get lost in akl and i have to collect you from the corner dairy!!!
HaHa Glad you got me or i would still be looking for my way home. Its a maze out west or was that east? North?

if you look deeper you might be related to layton.
:roll: Dont know what to say to that one. Hope to see some nice tanks down there maybe layton could show me his?

• 4 weeks later...