Just saying 'Hi' I guess

Copper

Just like to say "Hi" and how nice it is to find a NZ based fish site.

I haven't been keeping fish that long, (a year in Jan.) but I am totally hooked. I have a two foot community fish tank. In it I have a couple of female guppies, some silver and some wagtail platies, 8 glowlight tetra, 2 medium size bristlenoses, one half-grown and one fully grown molly and one male blue betta. It's a little overcrowded at the moment since the little platies and guppies are getting good at hiding and are getting too big to get eaten. I have another little tank which is getting set up at the moment. The betta is going in there. (he's having relationship issues with the bigger platies and molly) Actually, it's just an excuse for another fish tank. :P

I've been lurking for the past couple of days, as I was finishing off my last couple of NCEA Level 3 exams.

Hi Copper and welcome. Good luck too with the NCEA.

Did you know there is a fish club in the Wairarapa? They meet the 1st Thursday of the month at the Masterton Intermediate Science Centre (opp. end of Michael St) 7.30pm. Club fees are $25 family, $20 senior or $15 for a junior (still at school). Ring the president, Marion, 378 8163 or perhaps John (he is retired so may be easier to get hold of) 378 2533. Tell them Caryl sent you :lol:

PS. You NEVER need an excuse to get another tank. Tell the family they make great Christmas presents :wink:

I was actually wondering if the Wairarapa club was up and running. Thanks for the info. :)

Actually I can't get too many tanks as I'm off to Uni next year (fingers crossed), and my sister is only willing to take care of one fish tank while I'm away. (will be home on the weekends though)

By 'looking after' I mean feed the fish. She'll never clean the tank for me. :roll: I'll be cleaning the tank when I come home on the weekends.

This year I took L3 Physics, Chem, Bio, Stats, some English and some Calculus. I quite happily threw out all my English work a couple of days ago.

lol, they are all the same (siblings)

once my bro fed my fish, but i had to pay him (for every fish alive at the end of the week, which was one less than at the start :-? )

dont suppose your doing schalarship calc?

you should have burned the english notes :lol:

drop into the chatroom about 9.00 sometime

cya 8)

I was planning on burning the notes, but the grass around here was looking a little dry. :P

Nope, I did no scholarship exams at all. The normal ones were challenging enough. I take it you did though? I only did the L3 internal for Calc. I was planning on doing more, but since I bombed out on L2 English externals last year, I had to do more English. :evil:

Thanks for the welcome Bill!

• 1 month later...