Yellowish, Light Green Water 4 foot 240 litres

simfish

As some of you guys know I have just setup a new tank (pics in members tanks), to try my hand at aquascaping. I have put fish in the last 2 days. First a couple of neon tetra's, a pair of guppies and a pair of albino catfish. I was was told these guys were not enough to cycle the tank nicely. Then Yesterday I got about 10ish more neon tetra's. I am staying away from the big boys to prevent my plants from swimming to the top. This tank is setup for about 2ish weeks. After the fist week (no fish) I have noted the water going a slight yeloowish green. I though it must be due to the plants, maybe loosing some of their cloroful, i.e. I had some floating on the surface for a couple of days becaus ethey took about 5 days to get to be my "FAST MAIL". So floating these guys caused them I thought to get bleached by the flourescents. I then did a 50% water change. The yellowish/green tint is back. Should I be concerned or just let it cycle. Should I stop putting in fertilizer or stop the C02? Or once the plants get comfortable this would stop. Most of the time the curtains in this room are drawn shut, weekends its open however the only light the tank picks up is indirect. Do I put a blanket over it? Any thought or advice will be appreciated. Please look at the pics of the tank to understand the nature of the setup, thanks!

Here's a link: http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/my-aqu ... 10102.html :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

from what I can see in your pictures it could be tannin (don't know correct spelling) leaking out of the darker piece of wood you have in your tank. I have the samething with one piece in my tank. It does no harm to fish or plants. Some one correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

Cheers

• 1 month later...