Best place to buy an external filter?

Aqua

For me on a tank that size I would go 2xfluval 204's, one on its own will be too small, the bigger models do a bit of a jump in price. And there are so many advantanges to having two filters.

redundancy if one breaks down

can clean one at a time so dont risk upsetting the tank too much

one can be moved onto another tank for hospital/cycling etc

far better performance from 2x204 than 1x304

I personally would just go for one 404

I myself am using a 303 for my 240L tank. and it seems to do a good job.. haven't cleaned it since the beginning of the year. Only using it cause it was the only one I had spare.

Bigger the better I say

For budget you could try www.deepblueaquarium.co.nz online- they do a chineese copy of the eheim 2028. I have one, its quite good quality for the price ($140). Compare that to the equavalent eheim $850.

Its a good unit, reasonably well built, no leaks or problems, and nice and quite too,

Jebao 918

jebao918S.jpg

compared with the eheim 2028

Eheim_2028.jpg

Its unlikely to be as long lasting as an eheim, but these are very popular in asia, and reports are pretty good about them.

Im happy with mine!!!

We have Canisters starting from about $94.95... if we still have any of that stock available if not it might be from $108.00 but i will inform you tomorrow exactly and fluvals on special ranging from around $120ish -130 - $189.95 each.

But i will clear the prices up tomorrow. Plus all FNZAS members will recieve a extra 10% off everything excluding gift vouchers and super premium Dog & Cat food and 5% off for all specials.