Strange Bubbles at the top of my tank

iisfaq

StrangeBubbles_13Nov2005.jpg

My tank has got some strange bubbles at the top of the tank. They are slightly tan coloured.

They appeared last night.

There was a snail in my tank could it be it causing this? I have removed it, it came with some plants.

Any thoughts. The photo is pretty bad as I could not zoom in enough with my camera. I tried to zoom up a portion of the bubbles but it doesn't really make it any clearer.

Yesterday afternoon I put in some ProQuatics Water Clarifier could it be this that is causing the bubbles?

Chris

What's the 'water clarifier' anyways? Is it a floculant? If so that's probably it. Why did you use it anyways? If your water is cloudy you should treat the cause, not the symptom.

Sorry I do not know what you mean by floculant!

This is what I can find on the product:

"Proquatics offers more serious aquatics hobbyists the expertise and high quality products they need for their harder to solve problems. The Water Clarifier causes tiny particles of dirt & debris, tiny algae cells & bacteria that are too small to be removed by aquarium filters to clump together, forming larger particles that the filter can easily remove. Helps clear cloudy water within 24 hours."

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441777345&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574488339117&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023693&bmUID=1109608841295

The tank is quite new and was clear until I planted my plants and disturbed the substrate which is:

Substrate_12Nov2005.jpg

Chris