Pet stores - wellington

starlyte

The hutt pet shop is pretty good but it helps if you know what your looking for and have plenty of time, cause the staff are often pretty busy and there is stuff everywhere. I also like the pet house in coastlands, not a huge shop but Raymus gets in fish etc that aren't so common in a lot of other shops, plus he has some Marine fish

When I was first told about "The Pethouse" I was led to believe that the guy running it knew nothing about fish and that they were housed in terrible conditions.

Even so I still had to visit. It cost me about an hour out of my trip home but every minute of it was worth it. This guy knows his fish, they are healthy and kept in good conditions, and I wish all pet shops were as honest as he is.

In the time I was in the shop he refused to sell a customer some neons as he was not happy with their health and when I asked about buying a couple of marine fish he refused to sell them to me as I didnt have a quarantine tank.

Six months later I returned to his shop and he knew who we were and what type of tank I was running. We discussed a couple of matters and I found his answers honest and striaght to the point.

If there was another shop in Wellington I dont think I would waste my time with it.

He will get another visit from me this weekend.