October 31, 200520 yr comment_72546 I think my filter in my big (10 gallon) fish tank has stopped working, but I'm not sure. I just cleaned it out but it's still going pretty weakly in my opinion. Any suggestions? Is there a way I can tell if it's going well enough to sustain my fish for the rest of the month until their fish sitter comes and gets them? (I'm going out of the country.) I really can't afford to buy anything else (ie a new filter) because I'm leaving so soon and kind of need to eat while I'm away, but their tank is looking really mucky already even though I changed the water yesterday. Will changing the water more frequently hurt or help? Report
October 31, 200520 yr comment_72551 10 gallons? You could probably change a bucket twice a week constantly without any problems, too much more and you start to lose some of the bacteria and the water parameters will be hard to keep constant. What sort of filter is it. Model no etc. Report
October 31, 200520 yr Author comment_72553 It's a Micron filter. I usually don't change much water and things are usually fine. I'm worried because I had a fish looking ill yesterday and figured changing a couple buckets would be the way to go. When I was done changing I noticed the filter wasn't doing its job. Report
October 31, 200520 yr comment_72557 Sorrry not really familar with the filter. What changes are all good as long as it's not too much at once Report
October 31, 200520 yr comment_72567 Is Micron the brand name or type? What sort of media is in it? Is it internal or external? Report
October 31, 200520 yr Author comment_72581 My partner figured it out. There's a little sliding thing that can put it on high, low, or, apparently, off... Fixed now. Thanks for your concern. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.