Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Urgent help needed with filter

Featured Replies

I think my filter in my big (10 gallon) fish tank has stopped working, but I'm not sure. I just cleaned it out but it's still going pretty weakly in my opinion. Any suggestions? Is there a way I can tell if it's going well enough to sustain my fish for the rest of the month until their fish sitter comes and gets them? (I'm going out of the country.)

I really can't afford to buy anything else (ie a new filter) because I'm leaving so soon and kind of need to eat while I'm away, but their tank is looking really mucky already even though I changed the water yesterday. Will changing the water more frequently hurt or help?

10 gallons? You could probably change a bucket twice a week constantly without any problems, too much more and you start to lose some of the bacteria and the water parameters will be hard to keep constant.

What sort of filter is it. Model no etc.

  • Author

It's a Micron filter.

I usually don't change much water and things are usually fine.

I'm worried because I had a fish looking ill yesterday and figured changing a couple buckets would be the way to go. When I was done changing I noticed the filter wasn't doing its job.

  • Author

My partner figured it out. There's a little sliding thing that can put it on high, low, or, apparently, off...

Fixed now. Thanks for your concern. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.