Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Worms

Featured Replies

Not having much luck with my guppies lately :cry: : I purchased a few beautiful, colourful females from the petshop last month, and with the exception of one found them all hollow bellied and hunched back this morning. Could this be a sign of parasites, they really do look unhealthy :-?

Could be. Was it sudden?

Thought of you today as we had the BMW Wine Festival. Roaming around was a cartoonist who would draw caricatures of people. She was very good. She is based in Auckland and said she mainly works the corporate circuit.

Great advice there Caryl

No disrespect, but it would be better to offer some useful advice rather than none in this situation, or not post to the problem at all.

A member with a problem asks for help, then logs on as they see a reply to their dillema in their mail , only to be faced with the latest from the wine festival. and some corporate function. :oops:

Hi Disneyworld,

Could be an internal disorder... worms or some other parasite.

Are they passing feces at all, and if so, what colour and condition is it ?

Are they "actually" eating what you give them ?

What ARE you feeding them ?

When did you last do a water change and check the conditions ?

Any other fish in the tank that have this prob ?

Older guppies tend to get a little hump backed, but not hollow bellied.

Regards,

Bill (Pegasus)

  • Author

At least Caryl thought of me :wink:

My guppies are pampered: they receive proper guppie food, have regular water changes (duh), eat like pigs, but I'll have to watch more closely to see the colour of their faeces, haven't done that yet. Three fish in the tank are affected, almost from one week to the next. :(

Perhaps it is just a bunch of golden oldies in my tank, they simply mimic how I feel :roll: I'll do some internet research on fish diseases (yuk), and let you know the verdict...

At least Caryl thought of me

So did I.... My regrets.

I'll do some internet research on fish diseases (yuk), and let you know the verdict...
  • Author

According to some internet sites my fish might have TB. It sounds crazy, I have been checked for TB upon entering New Zealand, but who is going to check the local guppies :P

I'll be watching them, if they get any worse I will put them out of their misery. Not having much luck with my guppies lately, sorry guys :(

Excuse my post Bill but Disneyworld asked a question and I replied with an answer and a request for more information as to whether it was sudden or not. This could have a bearing on the problem.

I was replying to her, not you. My answer meant more to her than it did to you - as it was meant to! :evil:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.