North shore tap water???

JoandWilly

Just wondering what the tap water is like up there, mainly around browns bay and Torbay, chlorine and what not?

We've never had any troubles with water down here straight from the tap and all the fish are healthy so wondering if a move for them up there might be a huge change due to the water.

We have no problems in Takapuna, 8) which should be the same a Browns Bay etc. The North Shore water comes across the bridge, so it’s the same as the rest of Auckland. There are some few exceptions that don’t e.g.Greenhithe (I’m lead to believe).

A percentage of our water supply is from the Waikato River. :oops:

Anyway we don’t do anything out of the norm. just the following:

-Stress Coat

-Tonic salt

RJ

lol we've never used stress coat... dont see it as something that we should need... all our tanks water is kept in a fairly good state... they all have weekly if not more water changes but yeah chlorine and so forth doesnt seem to be a problem in our tap water so was wondering what its like in the northshore water.

hmmm.

ohh my, toughchicken!, i live in greenhithe! :x whats wrong with my water? :o

i put a little but of aqua-plus in my water, and after a big water change i sometimes add a bit of tonic salt. I dont let the water sit for more than an hour though :oops: .Im not to co-ordinated, lol i just have sudden flares every few days and i feel like doing a water change 8) ...

ohh my, toughchicken!, i live in greenhithe! whats wrong with my water?

I could be wrong, but was once informed that Greenhithe does not get the water from the Waikato River, mixed in. Which would mean that your water is not as heavily treated, more likely to be safer for you and the fish. 8)

But hey, you would have to do more research with the local council to get correct and accurate information.

As the novice (note no stars :cry: ) on this forum there could likely be someone here older and wiser that could be a lot more informative.

RJ