Doc's little piece of reef

Doc Holiday

Well, went out and got the paint. For those who wish to know, it is the Plasticote - Marine Blue spray paint. I have some black lacqueur of this brand and might experiment on my small spare tank, having the blue up the top half then fading to the black for the bottom. Then I'll get the best of both worlds!!

• 3 months later...

I have been very busy latley but I have finally managed to take some picks. This is the latest addition to the tank a spotcheek surgeon

spotcheeksurgeon.jpg

and my other fish is a spotted opal unicorn tang

Opalunicorn2005.jpg

The only other inhabitant apart from the corals is a cleaner shrimp but haven't managed to get his photo yet.

what wattage fluros? how long etc, and what white to blue ratio? thanks for helping by the way :D

Wattage is irrelevant becuase it is dependant on tube length, my tank is 5' wide and I have 2 30" bulbs to cover the width. In all I have 6 bulbs 2 white 2 pink and 2 blue.

thanks suphew. (sorry about hijacking the thread :oops: ) tanks 4 foot, been going a year with 2 fluros (1 x white, 1 x blue) and im getting a bit sick of only having zoos. i have the option of getting a metal halide pendant, but thought it might be too much lighting for the corals im wanting.