Valuable Plant Info (Quick Access) Latin Names Included

Pegasus

I did that Bill. You are right - it took many many hours! It is the electronic version of the FNZAS Plant Survey Book originally produced by Paul Parsons, Virginia Stead, Len Trigg and illustrated by Ian Mills. It was much appreciated when Cees was able to put it on the site.

There may still be a few copies of this book available. The FNZAS editor has the master so a copy could be printed off I think. I believe Kelly Rennell may have a couple of copies.

I am making up a CD to be available of the information but have to design a pretty cover for it so it looks professional. I will be taking copies to conference. Once it is decided how much to charge (profit going to the FNZAS) I will be able to sell them to non FNZAS members too.

Thanks Bill for digging that link up again.

And yes, thank you Caryl for compiling/creating those images.

It won't be long now before all of that is accessable through a nice point and click webpage :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Cees on 2002-03-30 22:04 ]

Good one Caryl. Although only the names are there, it at least gives you a good idea of what the actual plants look like. Seem to have read somewhere about $25 for the CD??

Sounds good.

Hi Cees, Did you get my message about the ticker (Tick Tock) :smile: :smile:

Regards Bill.

The CD ought to have Latin names, common names, whether they are tropical, cold etc, Temp range, pH preference, Hardness preference, habitat, propagation and whether it is common, readily available, rare or noxious.

This is assuming I can still find all the details in the computer!

List looks good Cees, with handy info, thanks. If you need a hand organising the plant site (Pics,data) I would be pleased to help.

Sorry about the ticker, just wondered if you could reset the clock on the site to NZ time.

Bill (Pegasus)