Aloha from Holland

Kardinaaltje

Hi Kardinaaltje, Welcome to the forum!

Now I guss you must get asked this often in foreign forums...being from Holland...but is your tank a Dutch tank - ie fully planted out with a minimum of fish? If it is, would LOVE to see some photos. No rush, just at some stage whenever suits.

And yes, I do understand the chances of your tank being a 'dutch' tank are slim - but thought I'd try.

:wink:

Is the plantlimit to be compared with the fishlimit in your country

:):)... Just about I would say.

There are a few people over here that specialize in plants, but many (what were once common in our tanks).. are now either banned by MAF (Ministry or Agriculture & Fisheries).. or in very short supply.

There is another area of the site that shows plants and fish species.

Click on the "FNZAS Homepages".. at the top right of this page and you will be directed there.

One of my regular "visits" to Holland ( :oops: been corrected... it's DEnmark :) )is to Tropica.com... wonderful plants and pics.

Look forward to your posts :)

:):)... Just about I would say.

There are a few people over here that specialize in plants, but many (what were once common in our tanks).. are now either banned by MAF (Ministry or Agriculture & Fisheries).. or in very short supply.

There is another area of the site that shows plants and fish species.

Click on the "FNZAS Homepages".. at the top right of this page and you will be directed there.

OK thanx, I will take a look there.

One of my regular "visits" to Holland is to Tropica.com... wonderful plants and pics.

That's Denmark :D:D:D

But very nice indeed.

Look forward to your posts :)

Hope to enjoy and learn here.

Douwe, Apisto and me are aquainted and we will miss Douwe. :wink:

What is a "dutch" tank?

Oh, that should read "dutch style" It is a tank with al lot of plants usally the plants are arranged quit neatly, With roads of plant running from the front to the back of the tank. There is a lot of attantion to the contrast between plants, green next to red, broad leafs next to fine leafs, etc.

Well let the picture do the speaking:

http://www.venividivissie.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=2277 (sorry doesn't seem to accept img tags) so a link. This tank is from one of our forum members (Willem) and looks reasonable Dutch.

Last year dutch champion:

werve_ga4.jpg

(the foto is not that good, but you'll get the point. The tank of Willem looks better though ;) )

WOW...that is pretty amazing! Fish in it as well...or just plants!

Thanks for the explaination and pic :P

Whahaha, yes there are fish in there, also for that ther is a dutch style, big groups, not to much fish. I have schools of 25 fish of nannostomus morthetaleri, hyphessobrycon amandae and corydoras panda. Then shrimp and a few L-numbers. SO the thing is to have a school of fish in each layer in your tank (high, middel, bottom).