Saltwater fishtanks for beginners???

madcookie

Hi everyone, am curious to what your opinions are on this. Found it on trademe - Have not asked any questions on the auction, as I dont want to sabotage it.

Can this clown fish be "happy" in this tank?

Should LFS sell 'setups' like this if they suspect (or know!) that the owner will put a clown fish in there?

I want to try my hand at a salt setup one day, not yet, but one day. At the moment I just dont know enough, and am (more than) busy enough trying to keep up with my fresh water tanks....but the little I do know suggests this cannot be a happy fish.

Right or wrong? Your thoughts please?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auct ... d=35682264

:o

Wrong, all wrong. Borderline animal abuse. I don't even bother chastising people on TradeMe anymore, just call the SPCA as they're not going to listen and TM can only pull the auction, not save the fish. This case is only borderline, like I said. They can claim ignorance or point to the shop that sold it to them (who is really at fault here?) and get away with it. If you really care, buy it and save them. Not much else can be done on the matter but say "bad owner" on the Q&A.

Yeah, looks like we all have a similar opinion here...Borderline. Only questions is to what degree.

I sure dont want to sabotage the auction on trademe, am hoping someone buys this and mods it up. Then again, imagine if someone forks out $100 (or whatever) for a "nice tank with a nemo for little Gurtrude" their 5 year old child. Thats probably even worse!!

Thanks for the posts - nice to know others have similar views......maybe I'm not an oddball. (Or maybe your all as odd as I am, hahaha.)