Hi from Nth Qld

Chicken

Just thought I'd say hi to all. I've been reading these forums for a while and love the way everyone is so helpful. I have had two 2ft easy tanks for a while (swordies, platies) but have just bought a 2nd hand 5'x18"x18" - I'm a complete newbie with big tank requirements! so please expect lots of questions! Thanks

Qld - beautiful one day - perfect the next!

Hi there Chicken,

Welcome to the NZ Fishroom.

There's lots of ways to fill that five footer of yours, and there's lots of help here if you need it.

Don't forget the styrene pad underneath before you fill it, and ensure it is on a good solid base and that it is dead level all around.

Take care now :)

welcome

when the 5ft is up and running,make sure that you keep your eyes out for the 6ft and so on. it always starts with one then 2 then 3 then 10 and so on.

we all have the same problem, where to put the new tank.

who needs the tv

where up north QLD

i am still a maroon,no mater where i live.

go queensland

:hail: from new zealand discus man

Sounds like you need advise about tank set up.. :P

Over 30 years :evil: getting old...but anyway..

If not sure about the level of any base you want to put a tank on including a rough concrete floor..

This systems self levels...

On floor first put ploy sheet about 12mm thick..ok stand on it..you will find not much of a mark..now push one finger on it..can push through..

Get the idea,, poly is much more dence than people think..

To ensure level.. more of 10 or 12mm thick poly..cut in to 50mm squares and place like checkers pattern place on top on main full sheet..

You dont have to be exzact..if 450 mm wide you only need 5 pcs..

long ways about 100mm gap between rows..really its like doing checkers board and then removing half the pcs..

The main factor is now the weight will be able to squash the small into the main sheet.. :P:P now the bases is level and fully supported..

Remember if concerned..you dont support the front or back so thats why the bottom must be level or it in time will crack base and front or back will often fail.. :D if you have kept tetra's before then Discus rules are no diffenent..

so go with you like for your new big tank..

Yes and one becomes 124 just like me ..mostly 300 liters and all just Discus..note for others reading this my web had to be rebuild after trojan horse can in the back door..think like after the horse bolted..or some rubbish like that..any more questions ,,just fire up..Cheers Phill Collis