Loaches

jude

My YoYo and Queen loaches were seriously trying to breed last night. They both changed colour completely and 'indulged' in mating behaviour for at least half an hour until I turned out the lights.

I was concerned that one might hurt the other because I know nothing about their mating habits - and also because they are different species which I guess makes breeding highly unlikely. I turned the lights on again later to check they were OK and they were both back to normal colour and swimming around fine.

Do different loaches like this every interbreed? Do botia loaches breed in captivity? Just wondering

Cheers

Jude

No, I'm not certain at all, thats why I was a bit worried. However they seem quite happy again today so whatever it was, mating or fighting, they seem to have gotten over it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm thinking I should have taken the opportunity to catch the yoyo while his mind was on other things - I want him in a different tank

Cheers

Jude

I know, thats why I haven't tried yet. This is the heavily planted L shaped tank - I can't even reach into the back corner and I don't want to destroy the tank. Don't be surprised if it finally dies of old age, still in the same tank :lol: :lol: :lol: