Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Male Siamese Fighter

Featured Replies

I have a male siamese fighter (Thor) and he is by far, my absolute favourite fish.

just recently, I have noticed that he likes to chase the other fish around a bit, and he fans out his gills...or something along those lines. Can anyway explain why he does this? :-?

Thanks :D

what are the fish he is chasing, if the have long finns or in anyway resembles another siamese fighter he may be trying to attack it.

Or may think it's a female and trying to mate with it :lol:

  • Author

:o haha

The other fish are cardinal tetras and halrequins - so they don't have long fins, so it can't be the attacking option...as for the mating option.... :-?

Maybe they are playing tag????

  • Author

Ohhhhhhhhhh.....he's just trying to be the 'big man' lol

Thanks :o) it looked kinda weird the first time he did it, so I was kinda confused.

And they are by far the coolest fish!!!

I have never seen him doing it to his reflection tho...maybe he saves that for when I'm not around :lol:

  • Author

A cardinal fighter would be interesting indeed!!

I am not 100% sure if he is hurting the others. One of my harlequins has a bung eye and a scratch (i have posted something in the diseses area in relation to this) and I'm thinking that Thor could be the culprit :cry:

  • Author

I have had him for 3 months now - same as all me otha fishies.

I don't think he hates things lol...altho maybe he likes the other guys names :lol: :lol: :lol: (all the others are named after Rap stars etc ) so the have 'tough' names haha.

but seriously now, I have seen him chasing the others around a lil bit...but not as much as he used to.

  • Author

haha...maybe i will....then he wouldn't be so bored hahaha

do u think that I could fit another fish in my tank? its a 40L, with Thor, the 5 tertras and 4 harlequins...

And welcome to the other cause of MTS than babies.... fish that need a tank to themselves :( Give him time, there might be a reason why he's being aggro.

  • Author

I don't think I could handle lil bubba fishies just right now LOL.

Good point, I think I have seen some of the other fish chasing each other too....

  • Author

Sweet!! Great to have contacts hehe

I wonder if my kitty cats would like another tank to watch :-? haha

It took me long enough to chose fish for my first tank, don't know if i could go thru it again LOL

  • Author

haha cool. yeah, I have only really seen what fish are avalible in pet stores, and they have lots, but none that really jumped out at me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.