Blue dolphin fry

polgara

I just had to collect a whole lot of blue dolphins fry that the mother spat out on to bottom of the tank... and cause there were other fish in the tank had to do it... good thing i was watching at the time.... i have them in a small seperation container with a couple of air stones to tumble them around but is there anything else i should do.... they still have there egg sacks.

LOL pearly... if you only knew how hard it is to take pics of fry...

No joke, I just sat for about 30 minutes earlier today trying to get decent shots of the Congo fry for an article. No love, either.

polgara - congrats and good luck! a little blue will keep fungus away. Some also recommend tea tree oil.... add 5ml to 1ltr of water, then add 5ml of that solution to every 4.5 litres. I'm switching to that in the future. Keeps seals from staining and the rest of the problems with the methyl blue.

Oh, got me! :D It's hard enough to play with fry let alone eggs and milt in a test tube. I was asked not to hyperlink pictures in the forums, so check this out:

http://images.google.co.nz/images?q=blue%20dolphin%20cichlid&hl=en&hs=SPu&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wi

and for good info and a decent pic of both sexes...

http://www.gcca.net/fom/Cyrtocara_moorii.htm

Cheers, checked them just before and they still all seem to be alive and only been in water with a airstone all night and no fungus seems to be growing anywhere.... probably 30+ of them so better start up the brine shrimp hatcheries....

Also found out yesterday that our bristlenose's have babes... and just our luck they finally decided to breed after waiting for them for so long just after we went and brought another 8!!