September 1, 200521 yr comment_62909 Does anyone have any info or own any of these loaches? Wondering about aggression. Report
September 2, 200521 yr comment_63068 Neomacheilus Triangularis Yep, I have one. I think they prefer to be alone, rather than with others of their kind, but mine shares a tank with my botia kubotai and they love each other. They share the same rock cave Very shy little loach, but funny to watch when feeding. They whizz across the sand on their fin tips then glide up into the water to catch food, looks cool. Other than that the tank just has danios, platties and a pleco in. Never seen him even blink twice at anotherf fish, he's cool. LS Report
September 2, 200521 yr Author comment_63074 I have 2 in a 4ft tank with swords and guppies and wondering if the zodiacs are responsible for 1 dead small sword and another small sword with 1 eye missing. The zodiacs are in with 2 small clown loaches, they don't bother the clowns but do chase each other. I was tempted to put them in my AR850 that has 2 x lochatas, 2 x angelicious, 2 queens, 2 striatas and 2 medium and 1 XXL clown loaches but thought 11 loaches in that tank was enough, would like a 4-5ft tank set up especially for the loaches but i suspect the zodiacs may not get on to well with the queens and angelicious. The angelicious and queens spend a bit of time chasing each other and i have watched them fight for just under 1 hr. Report
September 2, 200521 yr comment_63087 Is'nt that the guppyless tank? When did you notice the swords? Do you want a burmese tiger loach to sort out the Zodiac? Report
September 2, 200521 yr Author comment_63094 Yeah thats the "guppyless tank" haven't lost a guppy for nearly a week now , and yes there are still a couple in there LOL I think we should set up a 2ft, put in the zodiac, your tiger and my big clown LOL I put my money on the big clown As they say he don't take no s%#t from no one. :lol: I noticed the swords yesterday. Report
September 2, 200521 yr comment_63116 Missing eyes definitely sound like loaches. They occasionally swim next to another fish and suck out the eye like a snail. Pretty gruesome to watch. Not sure about zodiacs or clowns but I know the random yo yo and tiger do it. Report
September 2, 200521 yr comment_63117 By the way, does anyone have any tips/tricks for getting loaches out of the tank? They seem to find every possible impossible hole to hide in and you end up dismantling the whole tank. I purchased at bait trap at the local fish club (KMAC) meet the other day but I need to figure out some better way to make the holes one-way as the loaches will get out in a flash. And my bait? Snails. No other fish will go in there after them, as far as I can think, that is... trick is, keeping the snails IN the trap. Report
September 2, 200521 yr comment_63118 blue and kim get some thing small that thay like to hide in and put it in the tank by itself have 2 nets shoo them into it and with a large net scoop the whole thing up covering the exit with the other net. have fun Report
September 2, 200521 yr comment_63119 ...and put it in the tank by itself... Still sounds like taking the whole tank apart in the first place, eh? Report
September 2, 200521 yr comment_63121 kewl, I'll try it.... sadly enuf my tanks are pretty well planted and decorated so it'll be hard trying to convince them to go in a new hidey hole that just happens to double as a trap Report
September 2, 200521 yr comment_63123 By the way, does anyone have any tips/tricks for getting loaches out of the tank? Use a short length (300mm or so).. of 40mm plastic water pipe. Lay it down the front of the tank with one end "almost" touching the end glass. Wait till the fish investigates... then block the end of withh one hand and push the pipe against the side glass and raise it up. Works for big Cats.. Pleco's and stuff that get stuck in nets. Bill. Report
September 2, 200521 yr comment_63133 Actually, I was about to go get some of the same tubing to hopefully give my BNs a spot to breed. Good advice, will try that. Thanks Pegasus! Report
September 2, 200521 yr comment_63145 It's the "only" way to go... works every time and not a moment of stress for either the fish or the tank he he. BTW: Actually, I was about to go get some of the same tubing to hopefully give my BNs a spot to breed. If you smear a bit of Silicone over the tube and roll it in some dry gravel, it eventually becomes almost invisible in the tank.. but the BN's know it's there Report
September 3, 200521 yr comment_63159 Coming from all your years of experience I'll take it as priven fact By the way, thanks again for the microworms. Spring is here, all my fish are spawning and they're very very very useful! Pegasus is my hero Report
September 3, 200521 yr comment_63265 They occasionally swim next to another fish and suck out the eye like a snail Yuck...oh...disgusting...bad fishy :evil: Gee...you all still amaze me how you remember the names of fish Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.