Algae on plants

Chickybabe

Must be nice having people at rhe LFS that know what you're on about. There's only three guys at Hutt Pets that I can say that about - the girls at the other stores are just like "I have no idea??" anytime I ask them anything that doesn't involve shelved products.... and then they usually know about the same as what's written on the box.

Ah well, at least we have these forums, right?

For brown algae I usually give the tank a little direct sun and green algae comes and takes it over. I personally think brown is easier to clean than green, though....

:hail: from new zealand discus man..

:P:P I have had a customer give me 8 Flying Foxes to make room of more DISCUS...

Also gave me a few plants to see how they grow under natural light from sky lights..

Well Dam... the algae in tank was green and just about make discus invisable and thay ate it in 1 week..they are going all day over the glass and plants and dont even look at big discus.. 275 LITRE tank..

Have next to try on brown algae that usually grows in less light..give it a go..and sent me a bottle of scotch for Xmas..

:oops: not my fault if i like a wee dram..

Cheers Phill Collis