Angelicus Botia

pearlyred

This is my current favourite fish, wish I purchased a couple weeks ago. He/she is still pretty shy but comes out from under its rock for a play a wee bit. It's gorgeous. Hard to get a good photo of though.

Thought I would share as I cant find much about them on the forums. Anyone else keep these?

angelicus_loach1.jpg

angelicus_loach2.jpg

angelicus_loach3.jpg

I have 2 of these and they are one of my favourite loaches. Personality wise they are similar to my Zodiac Loaches.

1 is quite shy but the other one is always out and about, it's also very fat and loves chasing the other loaches.

I have watched it fight with the other Angelicious and with the Queen Loaches and it is only out ranked by 2x3" and 1x6 1/2" Clown Loaches.

Your right about the lack of info available, the only info i have found is at

http://www.loaches.com

I'm wondering if the fat loach is carring eggs but with no info available i guess only time will tell.

An awesome fish that i would highly recommend.

Hi Lynda,

Yeah they're totally gorgeous. It's easily my fav fish. From what I can find they're actually classified as Botia Kubotai, but the shops still sell them as Angelicus. They were only discovered early last year (And of course we're filling our tanks with them already - humans!)

Got it from WetPets PNorth actually about 6 weeks ago I thinnk. Nice and close for you, give em a call and see if they have any more.

Regards

Lee

hello

all loughes are nocturnel (night fish) so most of the time they are more active in the morning and at night (but in a fishtank they have sometimes differend behavoir than in the wild). the more you have the more fun they are I compair them to dolfins they like to play. some times they look agrasive to other fish but they are not they are parasite eaters and look fore parasite's on other fish an can anoy the crap out of them. if you have only one they can be a bit grumpy becouse they don't have a playmate

scalare

HI

your right alan the bristles of the loughes are sharp an can even punch a hole in the bag when you buy them. I had them for 3 years in with my angel's and when I got my second tank I had them for 3 years in with gourami's and they never went for the eye's but that's me maby you had different experiance with them.

I have to say the photo's are good and the angelicus are a beautiful

scalare