Discus Help needed.

Kazz

My discus are slightly off their food and are pooping long white cotton wool. Is this caused by worms? How often do you worm them. They are about 6 months old and in a 300 litre planted community tank with tetras, loaches, zebra danios and now a Saimese algae eater. 1 discus died :( so I tried to do an autopsy on it and all this white slimy stuff came out but apart from that it looked Ok. :oops:

Hi there, How big is your fish and how many is in the tank? How often do you do a waterchange? Are the discus still eating? Discus excreting white fluffy poo usually mean that they have got internal disease (Hexamita). If the fish is still eating you can add a medicine call Metronidazole to beefheart and feed it to them.If the fish is not eating, then you have to dose the tank. Since it is a big tank you might want to set up a hospital tank to treat the affected discus. PM me if you want more info. HTH

Cheers,

Ronnie