Betta in Christchurch?

shiuh

there has been a bit of a female siamese "drought" in chch for a while but i think it is starting to get better. i have found females at both critter kingdoms and if you ask nicely at redwood they sometimes have some hidden out back. as for males you just have to look around. animates and critter kingdoms have males on and off. critter kingdom gets more fancy looking males (crowns and unusual colours sometimes) but you can gaurentee that redwoods siamese will be imported. but it really depends on what you are looking for.

umm... There is one critter kingdom up near the north end of Stanmore road. The other Critter kingdom is on Blenheim road. i have noticed that the blenheim road store often has the males in the little tiny tanks with no airation etc and i personally feel sorry for the males 'cause they always look sad.

yea...heres the results. there not much males in petworld in Ferry Rd, however, many females. theres a CT males in critter kingdom and many females in critter kingdom. for cost wise, $6.95 for a female in critter kingdom is quite a bargain!!! get it quick. just got 3 females today.

good luck!

did you see any white or yellow females or were they all the blue/ brown colours? i like the paler coloured girls. and with the fact that i think i am going to lose one of girls to dropsy (see my thread in 'diseases' if your interested) i will probably be on the lookout for a new girl.

• 3 weeks later...

I am kicking myself for not having bought a beautiful male at Animates when I was in Christchurch weekend before last.....The Moorhouse Ave animates that is. I bought 2 female bettas from Ferry Road maybe 2 months ago....one is shaping up to be possibly male. There is a filthy tank full of poor sad looking fish at Critter Kingdom in Blenheim Road. I am going to write to the manager about the state of the tanks.....I was upset about other stuff on the day and couldn't face an abusive sales person if I complained directly...but came out of there feeling very sad. Lots of dead fish in various tanks, many being canabalised.....and in the wee tiny containers holding individual male fighters....maybe 4 dead ones..... and several very very sick sad depressed looking fish....with bigger price tags than animates (beautiful healthy looking males for $14.95....damn I wish I had bought that beautiful boy!)

Haven't been to Redwoods for a while. I did visit Animates off Blenheim Road too and can't remember if they had any fighters....if they did they can't have been that spectacular.