Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sick betta??

Featured Replies

Ok now from what I've seen of my male I know he doesn't normaly lay around the bottom of the tank looking all depressed and slugish. However seems he's been doing that for the past hour or more that I've noticed. I admit I've been out and about to day so don't know how long he's been like this. He was fine last night but now he's just not right, hiding and not coming up for air as much as he normaly does. anyone have any ideas???

Any other tanks mates MRSkz? Did you check test the water? Is he new?

Is he eating?

Wish I could help, don't know about betta's but I'm sure someone here can help you.

  • Author

ok nothing is new except a day or two ago I did a small water change. he's in a 3 foot tank with guppies all juvinials, a dozen or so cory's one B/N and that's all. there WAS 2 neons that died 2 days before he started not being well and 4 danios which have been isolated because they looked sick, 2 have subsiquently died the other 2 look healthy again. His fins are clamped today I have had him for a month or two bought him from the LFS so not sure how old he is.

Does he have any discolouration?

My red girl developed a loss of colour on her back like a saddle, her fins were clamped and she sat on the bottom......she died very soon after sadly. Her mate died the day before, but during the night, so didn't see what symtomps he had.

Hopefully someone will see this and offer some advice on treatment.......hope you manage to save him!

I assume you have done water tests? Some fish are more sensitive to water conditions than others so one may look unhappy while others appear fine.

  • Author

yes the water tests r the same as they were b4 I just don't understand what's wrong, nothings changed and yet he has :cry:

  • Author

ty for that casper I think he's depressed probably. will try to treat for it. I have warmed up the tanks abit (nearer 28/30 now than 26) and he's come out of hiding, still not looking happy though. off to the lfs for salt and drugs :o

  • Author
1betta.JPG this is what my poor little betta looks like now. you can just see he's swollen behined the gills, in the chest region. I don't know if this is new or normal as he's my first one but I have him in a an "isolation" contraption and have been treating him with that blue stuff and his fins r still clamped and he still seems unhappy, laying on the bottom of the tank and all. any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.