"Old" Eheim internal filters are back....

madcookie

Hi everyone,

Have been researching filters a wee bit lately- intention was to get HOB and/or internal filter for my smaller tanks. Found the 'older' style Eheim internals, the ones before the Aquaballs, for sale at Hollywoodfishfarm. (No I do not have any interests in HFF.) Now get this, the 2006, 2008, and 2010's (old sytle) are cheaper than the 2206, 2208, 2210 aquaballs. As many people have observed previously, on these boards and others, the older eheims are better than the aquaballs. Acording the guy at HFF, Eheim are relaunching the older model....and I did read somewhere on a UK Forum that Eheim were unhappy with sales of the aquaballs....

Prices are:

Fluval plus.

1. $49.95

2. $68.95

3. $82.75

4. $99.95

Eheim 'pick up' series.

2006. $52.10

2008. $59.40

2010. $66.95

2012. None in stock....sob.

Eheim 'Aquaball' series.

2206. $49.95

2208. $62.95

2210. $84.95

2212. $99.95

So.....The 2010 is doing a trial run in one of my tanks. If it works out, I will be getting some more. Not sure if the price was a mistake or not...seems excellent value for money for an Eheim - cheaper than the other brands - nice for a change.

Now why have I made this post? It might help others if/when thinking about getting an internal filter...