Bloated bristlenose

Caryl

Awwwww the poor wee thing. If it was a cow I'd say stab it with a bloat knife but.... You guys probly allready have discussed this and I missed it - So since I enjoy plecos I looked it up (incase i need to make a preemptive strike) and its caused by too much protein in the diet is that right? Or not enuff wood? Do they come right? Do they release bubbles? :lol:

I have never had one look like this before and all the rest of them appear fine. They do not get too much protein, there is tons of wood and here's hoping she burps or farts it out! I am hoping she will recover. I must confess I forgot to check her before I left for work this morning :oops:

If it "is" just wind Caryl, and not undigested food that is swelling up inside it... then you might try a bit of gently tummy rubbing massage, as they can stay out of water for quite some time.

It may just help to ease it slightly, but don't drop it when you hear the croaking that they make :)

Hold it in a damp towel to be safe.

I would suggest Epsom Salts under normal circumstances.. but not sure if the Plecs can take this.

Bill.