Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heater for aquarium

Featured Replies

Just wondering...i saw this Hagan thermal pre-set aquarium heater 300w.

Would it be too much for my 60L tank? cheers...BTW what is a pre-set heater?? thanks :hail:

I think you will find it won't fit into your tank 300 watt is a large heater. I have a 55L tank running on a 55W heater. I think a 150W is about what i would recommend, I had mine running on a 150W for a while and it was really good, nice stable temp.

MRSkz is sending me up some 300W heaters for invercargill. They were like $10, she said there were some 150W at that price as well. There may still be some down there.

I run 300 watters on all my tanks, from 50-200 ltr, my only consideration is will it fit in the tank horozontaly.

There is no down side, the only difference to running a smaller heater is it will heat the water faster.

dee jay 01, why wouldn't you go bigger?

I thought the reason for not having a heater bigger than you need is that they can stick 'on'. A bigger heater will cook your fish much faster if that happened.

Cheers

Jude

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.