who is this guy?

chimera

Speaking of Nudibranches ... found 2x 1" long white ones with orange highlights ... so fasinated with them being there left them to devour my speckled leather.... dooh ! after that thought better of them and put them into my live rock tank ...... haven't seen them for awhile .... hmmm , wonder why.. :wink::D .....

hope you guys don't kill the hitchiker crabs ? ...

I pulled an 1.5 inch Nudibranch out of my tank last weekend, was lemon yellow, very nice but the hole right through my leather was not so nice. I think I might have another since my tongan yellow is looking a bit munched. Couple of questions...

1) can they breed in a tank? So am I likely to have lots of them?

2) is there an easy way to find/remove/kill them? I only found the one I did because I moved a leather as it looked so poorly after 2-3 month in the same spot and turned the rock to expose the underside, saw the Nudibranch when it started moving for cover.

No easy way to remove them. They are prolific breeders, and you're likely to have hundreds of eggs in the tank. The only way i know of to get rid of them is by removing their food source, or killing them chemically, using iodine dips, or copper dips.

Most nudis aren't a problem. It's the white ones which seem to be the coral eaters.

i found this guys claw (or maybe another one like him as it looked a bit bigger) sitting on the sand near the front of the tank tonight. something likes the taste of them it seems :D

OR It molted. I often find crab 'claws', from the guys that hang out in the rocks.

Steve