June 12, 200521 yr comment_52800 I have a tank of sword tails but the sex ratio is 1 male to the whole tank of females. Its been like this for quite a while now. It seems every drop are all females too. I heard that these fish can change gender, any idea on how to get more males? Report
June 12, 200521 yr comment_52813 What area are you in? I'll do you a swap, some of your females for some of my males... Report
June 12, 200521 yr comment_52821 What size are your fry? Male swordtail can quiet often be late bloomers. Shae Report
June 12, 200521 yr comment_52829 There is also the theory that, like some other animals, sex is determined by temperature. He must be one happy fella though! :lol: (and it only takes one) Report
June 12, 200521 yr comment_52832 I doubt that theory, especially with swordtails, as if there is a lesser of one sex, they can and will change to suite. Shae Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.