Poor little clown loach

karey

It is having rapid gill movements and the only thing I can see looks like a single piece of hair or something (short) hanging out of one gill. She is really distressed and lying on her side alot. I have managed to catch her now and put her in a cloth/plastic hospital/jail hoping that the cloth will drag the fluff off her. Her body is completely clear or any marks or sores. I have put melafix in the tank and there is a small amount of salt in there too.

My initial reaction to her hiding was that the kribs who have laid eggs again had bullied her, and that is still a probability - but I don't know what to do for her.

Can I touch her without damaging her? (Still trying to figure out how to get the hair off/out)

:hail: from new zealand discus man,,

:P in discus young this means gill flukes,,

i use negavon but have to get via vet,,

also brookland sell fluke tabs that is in some pet stores..

they can mean death if not removed,,unfortunatly all fish have flukes but gill klukes have live young so kill parents and all gone forever..

hope helps phill collis

:evil: pesky bugs,,

I have got some fluke tabs and have figured out the dosage etc. My problem is if one loach died of it, wouldn't it be likely the other has them too?

The petshop said I should remove him from the tank. The packet says uses with caution on scaleless fish.

What would you do? Wouldn't treating the tank without treating him cause the flukes to repopulate once I put him back?

Please advise - help!