May 25, 200521 yr comment_50781 Hey all, just bought myself a redhead or red shoulder severum. Beautiful looking fish, its only a youngster but already has excelent colour. I was wondering if anyone here is keeping any and had a bit of info on them? I have done a google search but cant really find to much info. Report
May 26, 200521 yr comment_50892 Hey, is the main colour of the fish golden, it maybe just a golden severum with strong red markings. Cheers Nick Report
May 26, 200521 yr Author comment_50894 No its definately a redhead, i have never seen them before until a couple of weeks ago, my lfs had a big one in there display tank. Not cheap i might add, but after seeing the adult i couldnt resist buying one. I am trying to get hold of a digi so i can take a pic of it and my new tank setup. http://www.petfrd.com/profiles/showphoto.php?photo=102 this link has a pic but my redhead seems to have even more red around the head and lower fins. cheers Report
May 26, 200521 yr comment_50895 Wow, it must just be a awsome colour morf. Do you know if both parents were of that same colour. Report
May 26, 200521 yr Author comment_50896 No not to sure sorry, but my lfs had two youngsters and the one i bought was the most colourfull, if he turns out to be like the adult in the display tank, which im sure he will, he will be very impressive. Report
July 7, 200521 yr comment_55744 Just bought 4 of these today awesome fish im so happy Heros sp. "rotkeil" http://www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/ot ... tkeil.html This might help if you hav'nt already seen it. Report
July 7, 200521 yr comment_55763 Wicked severums, very nice. Good site, as well, treehugga. Axelrod's help you with any of that? Report
July 8, 200521 yr comment_55852 Treehugga, sounds like you were at goldfish pagoda today, wouldn't be you that bought someAlbino Ancistrus from there would it? Report
July 8, 200521 yr comment_55862 No I bought the rotkeils but patrick told me about the ancistrus Are they your ones? I do quite a bit of business with patrick. After paying through the nose for the rotkiels I couldnt afford the goldies as well. Did you see the sevs in the bags? Report
July 8, 200521 yr comment_55863 Hi B&K the rotkiels were not in the book but some other strains that I didnt know of are. Ive hardly taken my face out of that book since I got it. Severums (Besides oscars) are my favourite fish. Report
July 8, 200521 yr comment_55864 I havent been there yet, was talking to him Wed & Thurs night, he was telling me about the Red Severums, he has a customer that bought 10 Albino Ancistrus and is keen on 10 GBA so i'm taking 2 over tommorrow for his customer to have a look at. No doubt what ever i can make off them will be spent there....as you do LOL :roll: :lol: Just need more room for more tanks...then all i'll need is more tanks. Report
July 8, 200521 yr comment_55866 It keeps the hobby cheap and is a win win for both, He has my jag pair there for sale on behalf also. And a tank full of my young green severums. he likes to haggle so keep him honest Report
July 11, 200521 yr comment_56272 3 days and two of the rotkiel severums have paired up already! I had to remove the other two due to the pummeling they were taking from the new pair. fingers are now crossed for them to do the business Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.