KMAC Website Change

Hi all. If anybody noticed before I did that the KMAC website was completely stuffed by the banners the free webhost decided to add, the problem has now been resolved. We now have the website hosted at http://www.kmac.5gigs.com. This is also a free host so we may have poor speed in accessing the site, but at least the website itself looks OK.

This website has been updated a bit and now includes a forum for club-specific issues. This includes a forum for discussing the newsletter and giving ideas, a member polls area that KMAC members can vote in, and general discussion areas. Most of the forum is open to the public but we have a couple of fora available only to KMAC members for any issues that might require such a restriction.

Cees, please could you update our website address? The old one is completely stuffed, with big ugly banners stuck in every frame :evil: . I guess it's only what's to be expected with free hosts.

Oh, and I should actually be able to come to the next meeting :) . I'll see you all tomorrow.

It's quite odd how they claim 99.9% uptime but at best so far I've had 60 to 70%. Anyway, It seems that if it works at all it works quite well.

If that is going to be a problem let me know and I'll host it.

Cees

Don't want to seem ungrateful or rude but this site is crazy, I can't ever get back into it now.

Always comes up with an error as to why it can't open the page.

Can we move hosts or get something done abou it.

B

Thanks for the offer Cees. It seems to have been quite a bit better lately. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and stick there for now. If the site goes nuts again I might take you up on that :) .

The traffic levels can get quite decent on it (76 megs since opening so far, higher traffic anticipated after Waterlog release) so I'll get that from a free provider for as long as possible.